We understand that complying with the law and implementing good practice takes time and costs money. Our toolkit integrates our legal, human rights and business expertise into a tool to help save businesses time and money by allowing them to benchmark their current practices and respond to any gaps that are identified.
Why do businesses need to address modern slavery?
The passing of the UK Modern Slavery Act in 2015 has put the spotlight back on businesses and transparency in supply chains.
Forced labour and human trafficking is a global problem that exists in every region of the world and in every economy. It affects both domestic and international markets.
Businesses have to consider how they manage the risk of human rights abuses and whether they will take a preventative or proactive approach to tackling modern slavery in their organisations and supply chains.
Businesses are also required by law to publish an annual modern slavery and human trafficking statement.
What’s included within the toolkit?
The toolkit contains:
- a checklist
- a score card
- a range of template documents and guidance notes to help give businesses a structure to develop their own modern slavery policy and a modern slavery statement. If you have published a statement our toolkit provides information on how to improve it.
- A list of the best free resources that are available
Why spend money on a toolkit?
We know that there are lots of free toolkits out there. But it takes time to find them. As part of our extensively researched, written and curated toolkit you will find:
- Best Practice Checklist: for Companies operating within the UK. The checklist will provide a gap analysis and benchmark of your current practices
- Toolkit scorecard that works alongside the checklist to benchmark your current policies and due diligence procedures to best practice standards
- Key Legal Requirements: FAQs surrounding the Modern Slavery Act
- A practical guide to transparency in supply chains
- Briefing for business: Best practice for publishing a Modern Slavery statement
- Briefing for business: Anti-Slavery legislation comparison table
- Sample Slavery Human Trafficking statement
- A list of all the most useful free resources,
Our detailed checklist consists of a series of questions to help a businesses identify the polices and procedures it currently has in place to determine what gaps or improvements are necessary to implement a more robust due diligence framework. The scorecard provides a benchmark score for the organisation to determine whether it needs to improve its due diligence procedures.
To find out what’s in our toolkit download our: What’s in the toolkit?
Ardea International’s Modern Slavery Toolkit with the associated checklist and scorecard provided an easy to use guide through the legislation. Applying the toolkit supported a detailed, comprehensive and structured review of our Policy and Annual Statement allowing the process to be undertaken efficiently, effectively and provided confidence that our systems, processes and the revised Policy / Statement are fully compliant with the current legislation_
Andrew Scott, Business, Business development director, Buckingham Group
What does the toolkit cost?
The toolkit costs £1,950 (including VAT). As part of the toolkit you’ll also receive ONE hour of free consultancy.
How do I access the toolkit?