We care about supporting businesses and organisations to solve their problems because we want to help facilitate change to protect the environment and foster a just society.
We aspire to make a significant contribution to the development and application of the law and best practice in the areas of modern slavery, business and human rights and sustainability and to help contribute to the fight against modern slavery.
We practice what we preach. We are passionate about the principles that sustainability is built on: environmental stewardship, social inclusion, financial responsibility and reward.
We aim to be flexible and approachable in the way that we work with our clients. We are passionate about what we do. Our approach is to find solutions that fit a company’s culture and add value to the business, whilst helping clients to make better commercial decisions that save costs.
Our commitment and cope
Ardea International is a small business, but we strongly believe that every business, no matter how big or small, and the individuals behind it have the responsibility to make the positive difference that they can.
Our recognition of our environmental, social and economic responsibility includes working within the law and voluntarily exceeding legal requirements in order to be innovative and demonstrate leadership on the issues that are important to us and our stakeholders.
Reducing our Negative Impacts:
Ardea International endeavours to reduce its negative impact on our planet by:
- encouraging flexible working practices
- switching off computers, printers and other electronic equipment when not in use
- arranging meetings via teleconference instead of having in-person meetings whenever possible
- travelling by public transport or walking whenever possible
- using recycled paper, keeping printing to the minimum necessary and using print friendly functions to reduce the number of pages used
- consuming responsibly sourced coffee and tea
- reducing waste by consuming fresh produce using minimum packaging, separating waste and recycling
- being aware of our water use
Working with others:
In so far as Ardea International has influence or leverage over its business relationships, Ardea International is committed to:
- treating anyone associated with the company fairly and equally
- developing the talents of young people by providing opportunities to gain work experience, for example, through our active summer internship programme
- educating individuals and companies on respect for the environment and treating workers fairly
- creating a culture of respect, particularly for women and children
Ardea International is a supporter of numerous worthy causes that align with our Vision. We are especially committed to:
- putting our time and skills into voluntary work to help raise awareness of business and human rights issues, and in particular human trafficking in the supply chain through our involvement with various community groups
- putting our time and skills into voluntary work to help raise awareness of sustainable sports, in particular through our involvement with the British Association for Sustainable Sport
Finally, we aim to be responsible with our business turnover to ensure the sustainability of the business in the longer term.
The policy was developed in consultation with stakeholders and is communicated to each member of the team at Ardea International . The team reviews the policy annually to align with our business objectives.
Ardea International welcomes feedback. Please refer your comments to Colleen at email@example.com.
Dated: September 2016