New EU and UK sustainable procurement legislation requires that environmental and labour issues are considered in how public bodies procure their services. Private organisations seeking to win public sector contracts need to make sure they have the correct policies in place to ensure they are considered.
Public bodies guide on ethical procurement:
The Welsh Government has produced a guide on ethical procurement setting standards for ethical procurement in supply chains.
What we offer:
We support businesses and organisations with developing and implementing a responsible sourcing or ethical procurement programme. We have worked with various sectors supporting the procurement teams in:
- developing a strategic ethical procurement policy
- understanding the gaps in current processes and policies
- developing tender documents and reviewing them
- creating questionnaires for suppliers
- providing bespoke training