What elements does ACT to END encompass?
Training and awareness raising activities designed to:
- Build basic understanding
- Further upskill and support individuals within your organisation who have particular responsibility to tackle labour exploitation
Evaluate your organisation’s response and mitigation plan including:
- Compile your effective Modern Slavery statement
- Utilise assessment tools to review statement compliance and/or capability
- Embed best practice labour practices as business as usual
- Bespoke plan delivery within your chosen time scales which suits your needs and resources
Implement your own requirements or build on the Perform assessment to support you in areas where you require expertise:
- Create the right policy
- Design an engagement strategy to drive transparency in your supply chains
- Develop and deliver a due diligence plan
- Supply chain risk assessment and hotspot identification
What services our work entails:
- Review and develop human rights & modern slavery strategies and policies
- Provide gap analyses against legislation and best practice requirements
- Devise human rights and modern slavery statements
- Implement due diligence and risk mapping across operations and supply chains
- Develop targets, KPIs and metrics and monitoring to boost continuous improvement and assure annual commitments
- Review grievance and complaint mechanisms to ensure compliance with best practice and apprpriate victim support
- Train, educate and build internal capacity to recognise and implement UN Guiding Principles and Modern Slavery legislation, both internally and externally for the supply chain
What is the scale of the problem?
The global slavery index has reported that in 2016 there were more than an estimated 40.3 million victims of slavery. Whilst sexual exploitation is still a serious problem and accounts for a large proportion of the victims, labour exploitation accounts for 19.6 million victims – nearly half of the total. In addition to this, 1 in 4 of these victims are children.