We have over 25 years of experience of working with business to achieve compliance. Our director acts as an independent legal consultant to law firms in the UK . Colleen is currently working for re: link as a contract lawyer. Ardea international provides support to organisations to meet their legal obligations to use legal compliance as the benchmark to go beyond compliance and ‘do the right’ thing.
The benefits of having a sustainable business
Environmental sustainability and social responsibility can no longer be viewed as being superficially relevant to a company’s performance or long-term strategy – they are key to business success.
The world’s accountancy practices, rating agencies and investors are increasingly demanding more information about companies’ environmental, social and governance procedures.
Supporting legal compliance as part of ISO standards
We have years of experience developing sustainability legal registers to provide support to organisations to demonstrate legal compliance.
We have partnered with Libyro to provide organisations with Environmental, Health and Safety online legal registers.
We produce know how for LexisPSL Environment on legal registers and demonstrating legal compliance with environmental laws and sustainability.
Who should develop the legal register?
The purpose of creating and maintaining a legal register is to:
- demonstrate legal compliance
- identify and mitigate risks
- identify opportunities to create efficiencies
- move towards best practice
Legal registers should be compiled by someone with the capacity to
- analyse legislation
- understand whether legislation applies to the organisation
- assess whether the organisation is compliant
- understand the organisation’s systems, processes and plant specific requirements where applicable, to ensure that any control procedures are integrated in the most appropriate manner
- understand what evidence is required to demonstrate compliance
- identify the necessary expertise required where the organisation’s operations fall outside England and Wales
Organisations should assess whether they have the internal competence to demonstrate their organisation’s legal compliance. If not, they may seek legal advice on the scope of relevant obligations or they may wish to purchase a legal register toolkit.
Get in touch if you want to discuss your legal compliance obligations and needs at firstname.lastname@example.org.