About this course
There is an increase in the recognition and awareness of the importance of respecting human rights and this is reflected in the growing legislative requirements in many countries which businesses must follow. The UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs) sets a benchmark for companies on how to address their human rights impacts within operations and in the supply chain. Now is the time to start building a human rights compliant framework. This course aims to provide you with a comprehensive outline of the relevance of human rights in business. Our online training and support programme will provide you with the information you need to understand human rights and business issues and gives you a practical guide on how to be compliant with the relevant laws and guidelines, including adherence to the UNGPs and reference to relevant international law
- Online only
- Modules: 6
- Duration: 6 weeks
- From £1,100
- 6 e-learning modules
- Self-paced learning
- Weekly classroom sessions
- Comprehensive reading materials with continued access
- Case studies
- Short quizzes after each module is completed
3 November 2021
From £1,100Enquire now
Who's it suitable for?
CEOs and company directors. From finance directors to CEOs, make sure your legal responsibilities are covered.
Procurement Managers. Procurement managers functions are key to developing due diligence functions
Sustainbility/Ethical managers. Sustainability, environmental, procurement and ethical managers
HR Personnel. HR functions are key to developing due diligence functions
Compliance Officers and General Councel. Perfect for lawyers, compliance officers and general counsel members
01. Gain insights on the relevance of human rights in business
02. Understand why businesses should be concerned about human rights within their organization structure
03. Understand how to be compliant with the core international legislation and guidelines for human rights.
04. Understand how to carry out due diligence effectively, following a practical guide
05. Understand how to report on human rights in your business, including your supply chains
06. Understand how to establish and enforce effective grievance mechanisms
07. Gain insights on how businesses should approach human rights
Why are Human Rights Important to Business?
It is important that businesses understand the need and value of respecting human rights. Ensuring that you manage your human rights compliance will help:
- Manage legal risk– are you aware of the growing mandatory requirements regarding human
- Protect Brand Value– customers and consumers are increasingly interested in the ethics of businesses. Is your company at risk of negative media attention that could affect your bottom line?
- Morality– does your company recognise its responsibility to respect human rights?
- Improve investor relations– are you accountable for your human rights impacts?
There is an increase in the recognition and awareness of the importance of respecting human rights and this is reflected in the growing legislative requirements in many countries which businesses must follow. The UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs) sets a benchmark for companies on how to address their human rights impacts within operations and in the supply chain. Now is the time to start building a human rights compliant framework.
TestimonialsWhat did you like most about this training?2 responses
The completeness of the material, expert trainer and interaction with course students;Being aware of the need to better assess HR impacts in my Company
Modules covered in this course:
This course contains 6 modules which include:
- Module 1 – What are Human Rights?
- Module 2 – How do the UNGPs work in Practice?
- Module 3 – Human Rights Due Diligence
- Module 4 – Seven Easy steps for companies to implement human rights
- Module 5 – Human Rights Reporting
- Module 6 – Grievance Mechanisms