About this course
This short introductory course will help build a deeper understanding of what modern slavery is and its impact on business, the legal framework, why business should be aware of the risk of modern slavery and how to report on the issues.
- Online only
- Modules: 1
- Study: 30 minutes
- Duration: 0.25 days
- £30 (+ VAT)
- Self-paced learning
- Tailored additional content for further reading
- Real-life case studies
- Relevant film content
£30 excl. VATStart now
Who's it suitable for?
Everyone. This course is a great introduction to Anyone wanting to know more about the topic.
C-suite and directors. From HR and finance directors to CEOs, make sure your legal responsibilities are covered.
Managers. Compliance officers, sustainability specialists to procurement and buyers, this course is a perfect level for you.
Academics. Lecturers and students – get in touch for discounted options
01. Provide a basic overview to modern slavery, how it relates to your organisation and the business case
02. Ability to define what activities constitute human trafficking and slavery
03. Be able to identify the risk indicators of modern slavery within your organisation
04. Describe your legal responsibilities and the penalties for non-compliance
This is a well executed introduction to the course and really informative. It works as a great starting point for other courses offered by Ardea International.
Why is addressing modern slavery risk important to business?
The business case for respecting human rights and undertaking appropriate due diligence will help your business:
- manage legal risk: are you on top of growing mandatory requirements in this space?
- improve investor relations: are you accountable for you human rights impacts?
- protect brand value: is your company informed on how being associated with negative media can affect your bottom line?
- ‘do the right thing’: do you have a social license to operate as well as a legal one?
Why study with Ardea?
Doing the course will make you both more confident when talking about modern slavery and give you a deeper understanding of how business and supply chains are affected by modern slavery risk.
You’ll learn the theory, see real-life case studies and get to grips with the legal parameters and how to apply them within your organisational setting.
Use this course as an introduction to joining our more in-depth six week ENDslavery course.