About this course
Does your organisation have to set out the steps that it is taking to tackle modern slavery in its supply chains under the UK Modern Slavery Act ? This programme will help you manage your reporting requirements and de-risk your supply chain from modern slavery, in order to achieve legal compliance and best practice.
- Online only
- All Levels
- Modules: 6
- Study: 2 hours per week
- Duration: 6 weeks
- from £1,400 (ex VAT)
- Self-paced learning
- Comprehensive lecture and reading materials with continued access
- Real-life case studies
- 1-2-1 tutor access
- END slavery Workbook, checklists and templates
- IEMA CPD certificate
- Online weekly classroom facilitated by Colleen Theron
10 June 2021
£1,400 (ex VAT)Enquire now
Who's it suitable for?
Everyone. This course is a great introduction to anyone wanting to know more about the topic.
C-suite and directors. From HR and finance directors to CEOs, make sure your legal responsibilities are covered.
Managers. Compliance officers, sustainability specialists to procurement and buyers, this course is a perfect level for you.
Accademics. Lecturers and students – get in touch for a discounted options
01. Ability to identify what modern slavery is and understand the legal requirements of the Modern Slavery Act (section 54)
02. Describe the legislative framework and how to identify, investigate and navigate modern slavery risks and impacts with reference to the company’s procedures
03. Identify actions that can be taken with reference to key roles such as procurement, HR and marketing
04. The importance of feedback and complaints mechanisms as a means of verifying and tracking performance
05. Understand how each role has a different role to play to monitor and implement the requirements of a programme to combat moderns slavery
The course enabled me to discuss relevant topics in detail with construction sector peers and to develop additional initiatives to improve our response. Through this collaborative approach I was reminded that we are all in the same boat and face the same challenges – and only by working together can we meet them. Nick Heard | Company Secretary | ISG
Discounts and group bookings
Discounts are available for group bookings, individuals and NGOs of up to 20%
Why study with Ardea?
Our IEMA accredited course will provide you with CPD points. Participating in the the course will make you both more confident when talking about modern slavery and human rights and give you a deeper understanding of the risk facing the construction sector.
You’ll learn the theory, see real-life case studies and get to grips with the legal parameters and how to apply them within your organisational setting.
Come away with strategies to ensure what you’ve studied has a lasting impact.