About this workshop
Are you concerned about how to identify and manage the risk of potential liability as a director or non executive director arising out of climate change and human rights legislation? Do you know how to assess your liability to exposure ? Have you got a robust environmental and human rights due diligence framework in place? This interactive workshop will help address these key issues.
- Online only
- Modules: 1
- Study: 5 hours
- Duration: 2.5 hours per week for 2 weeks
- From £575 (ex VAT)
- Comprehensive workshop
- Real-life case studies
- Lively online discussion
- UK reference to global requirements
- Theory and practice
10 February 2022 and 17 February 2022 - 9h30- 11h30
Who's it suitable for?
Everyone. This workshop is a great introduction to directors wanting to know more about the topic.
C-suite and directors, non exec directors . From compliance and finance directors to CEOs, non executive board members
Board members . Executive board members
General counsel and compliance managers . Make sure your legal responsibilities are covered.
01. Understand current legal compliance and best practice requirements under climate change legislation and human rights legislation
02. Explain the obligations and potential breaches with reference to the director’s duties within the context of climate change and human rights risk
03. Understand how to approach governance requirements and what a ‘duty of care’ encompasses
04. Identify critical elements of environmental and human rights due diligence and explain why disclosure is critical
05. Identify business impact arising from climate change risk and human rights risk
Who’ll deliver the workshop?
Colleen Theron, CEO of Ardea International will personally facilitate the workshop. Colleen is a tri-qualified solicitor with more than 25 years’ legal and commercial experience of working with businesses and NGOs across sectors at both strategic and operational level. She provides training at directorial and managerial levels on ESG issues, including environmental, human rights and modern slavery risks.
Don’t take our word for it…
Why study with Ardea?
Participating in our specialist training will broaden your understanding, deepen your knowledge and widen your professional network.
You’ll learn the theory, review best-practice case studies and get to grips with the legal and compliance parameters and how to apply them within your organisational setting. Come away with strategies, practices and processes to ensure that what you’ve studied has a lasting impact and pro-actively supports your career progression.
Discounts are available for individuals, Sedex Members and NGOs of up to 20%