About this workshop
This course will build on your knowledge of the requirements of the UK Modern Slavery Act (2015) and explain the next steps you need to take to demonstrate continuous improvement of your modern slavery statement in line with Government guidance, the level of detail to include, what does best practice looks like in modern slavery statements
- Online only
- All Levels
- Modules: 1
- Study: 3.5 hours
- Duration: 0.5 day
- From £475.00 (ex VAT)
- Updates on modern slavery reporting requirements
- Comprehensive and interactive
- Understand how to Benchmark your existing statements
- Real-life case studies
- Evaluation of your MSA statement from GGRF (additional cost)
- 1-2-1 follow up conversation
9 October 2020 – 09:30 to 13:00
From £475.00Book now
Who's it suitable for?
Everyone. This workshop is a great introduction to anyone wanting to know more about the topic.
C-suite and directors. From HR and finance directors to CEOs, make sure your legal responsibilities are covered.
Managers. Sustainability, environmental and ethical managers
Compliance and legal . Perfect for lawyers, compliance officers and general counsel
Procurement and HR professionals . Procurement and HR professionals play a key role in the modern slavery reporting process
Academics and students . Understand more about industry benchmarks and industry best practice
01. Understand how to improve your current / next Modern Slavery Statement (MSA) y
02. Explanation of the legal requirements of the MSA and UK guidance on Modern Slavery reporting
03. Understand how to improve and report the steps being taken to combat the risk of modern slavery in your organisation and your supply chains
04. Understand how to address reporting on risk and due diligence operations within your organisation
05. Describe the industry benchmarking of modern slavery standards
06. Gain insight from recent case laws on the impact of failing to report propery under the modern slavery act
07. Explain how COVID-19 has impacted reporting requirements for MSA statements and how you can address this
08. Receive a free COVID-19 modern slavery reporting checklist
Being able to discuss the challenges facing all organisations and those in my sector in recognising and mitigating modern slavery risk was useful and informative – and the insight into our modern slavery statement (scoring via GGRF) was invaluable. I can now build a strategy to improve our Modern Slavery response and a plan as to how to improve my organisation’s statements over the coming years. Helen Kowe| Policy & Governance Manager | Commercial United Utilities
Who’ll deliver the workshop?
Colleen Theron, CEO of Ardea International will personally facilitate the workshop. Colleen is a tri-qualified solicitor with more than 25 years’ legal and commercial experience of working with businesses and NGOs across sectors at both strategic and operational level. She provides training at directorial and managerial levels on ESG issues, including environmental, human rights and modern slavery risks.
Why study with Ardea?
Participating in our IEMA accredited modern slavery, business and human rights training will broaden your understanding, deepen your knowledge and widen your professional network.
You’ll learn the theory, review best-practice case studies and get to grips with the legal and compliance parameters and how to apply them within your organisational setting.
Come away with strategies, practices and processes to ensure that what you’ve studied has a lasting impact and pro-actively supports your career progression.
Discounts are available for individuals, Sedex Members and NGOs of up to 20%