About this course
Learn how to integrate modern slavery risk into your procurement process and understand what is meant by 'sustainable procurement'.
- Online only
- All Levels
- Modules: 1
- Study: 3.5 hours
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- From £475.00 (+VAT)
- Comprehensive workshop
- Real-life case studies
- Lively online discussion
- Theory and practice
- Potential for 1-2-1 follow up
- Online easy access
Who's it suitable for?
Everyone. This course is a great introduction to anyone wanting to know more about the topic.
C-suite and directors. From HR and finance directors to CEOs, make sure your legal responsibilities are covered.
Managers. Sustainability, environmental and ethical managers
Compliance and legal. Perfect for lawyers, compliance officers and general counsel members
Sustainability and procurement practitioners . Managers dealing with ethical supply chain management
Human Resources managers . Human Resources professionals
01. Be familiar with key and emerging legal compliance frameworks on sustainable procurement and modern slavery
02. Be able to identify sustainable procurement requirements as they relate to companies, as well as other relevant standards
03. Understand the current and emerging human rights / modern slavery issues and how they impact supply chains
04. Evaluate the importance in an organisation and its supply chain of stakeholder engagement and consultation
05. Recognise human rights issues, the legal and other dilemmas that are commonly faced and some practical ways to resolve these
What I liked most about the training is that open discussions to share experience and knowledge were encouraged. Another excellent course from Ardea International.
Who’ll deliver the workshop?
Colleen Theron, CEO of Ardea International will personally facilitate the workshop. Colleen is a tri-qualified solicitor with more than 25 years’ legal and commercial experience of working with businesses and NGOs across sectors at both strategic and operational level. She provides training at directorial and managerial levels on ESG issues, including environmental, human rights and modern slavery risks.
Why study with Ardea?
Participating in our IEMA accredited modern slavery, business and human rights training will broaden your understanding, deepen your knowledge and widen your professional network.You’ll learn the theory, review best-practice case studies and get to grips with the legal and compliance parameters and how to apply them within your organisational setting.
Want to know more about sustainable procurement?
Check out Colleen Theron’s book published by Rout ledge on Strategic Sustainable Procurement: Law and Best Practice for Public and Private sectors
Discounts are available for individuals, Sedex Members and NGOs of up to 20%