- This event has passed.
Business and the Modern Slavery Act: risk management and due diligence solutions
14 Mar 2019 @ 08:30 - 17:00
Modern slavery risk management
Join our next interactive masterclass on tackling modern slavery risk and developing due diligence frameworks
- Are you concerned about how to identify and manage the risk of modern slavery in your supply chains?
- Are you seeking to improve the contents of your Modern Slavery Statement? Do you know how to identify the risk of modern slavery?
- Have you got a robust human rights due diligence framework in place?
- This interactive workshop will help address these key issues.
This training forms part of the Ardea International ‘leading business beyond compliance’ series.
Our course goes beyond basic awareness raising. It is interactive and is designed to equip organisations with best practice insights for addressing modern slavery risk.
Who is the course for?
The interactive workshop is designed for:
- human resource managers
- procurement managers
- sustainability and ethical managers
- compliance officers
- general counsel
What does the course offer?
The course will:
- Bring participants rapidly up to speed on the key legal compliance and best practice requirements of the Modern Slavery Act
- Explain the relevance of human rights and modern slavery for business
- Understand how to identify business impact on human rights in the organisation and its supply chain
- Understand how to identify modern slavery in the organisation and supply chains
- Help participants identify risk of modern slavery and how to monitor the risk
- Consider how to address supply chain issues beyond Tier 1 suppliers
- Consider how to communicate these issues in various roles
- Provide advice on the contractual elements of contracts and codes of conduct
- Provide a critical review modern slavery statements
Testimonial from previous attendee:
In my role working for a social enterprise it is important that I understand the in’s and out’s of the legislation relating to the area we work in. Colleen’s MSA training course was informative and practical delivered in a manner that was easy to understand and enjoyable to take part in. Colleen’s approach is relaxed and welcoming which creates a great environment for sharing of ideas and collaboration. Thoroughly recommended.