How corporate boards can oversee environmental, social and governance risks (ESG)
29 October @ 09:30 - 11:30
How boards can oversee ESG risk
Are you concerned about how to identify and manage the risk of potential liability as a director or non executive director arising out of ESG Risks particularly those related to climate change and human rights legislation? Do you know how to assess your liability to exposure ? Have you got a robust environmental and human rights due diligence framework in place? This interactive workshop will help address these key issues.
This training forms part of the Ardea International ‘leading business beyond compliance’ series. Our course goes beyond basic awareness raising. The course is based on the concept of ‘blended learning’. It is interactive with a workbook included. The course is run over 2 weeks, with 2 hours of learning each week participating in our online classroom setting.
Who is the course for?
- executive board members
- non-executive directors
- compliance officers
- general counsel
- senior management
What does the course offer:
- Be brought rapidly up to speed on the key legal compliance and best practice requirementsunder climate change legislation and human rights legislation (UK with reference to global requirements)
- Understand how to approach ESG governance requirements
- Explain a range of sources in identifying ESG risks
- Identify business impact arising from ESG risk
- Explain director’s obligations with reference to the director’s duties
- Describe circumstances where there are breaches of a director’s duty in the context of ESG risk
- Understand what a ‘duty of care’ encompasses
- Explain why disclosure is critical
- Identify critical elements of ESG due diligence
Who will deliver the course?
The course is facilitated by Colleen Theron, CEO of Ardea International and a tri-qualified lawyer.
- 29 October
09:30 - 11:30
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- corporate boards, disclosure, ESG; environmental, governance, human rights, legal compliance, liablity, modern slavery, risk management, social, sustainability
- Ardea Internatinoal
Global, GB + Google Map