Managing director’s liability: from Climate Change and Human Rights legislation [Online Course]
- This event has passed.
18 June @ 09:30 - 25 June @ 11:30
Managing director’s liability arising from Climate change and human rights legislation
Are you concerned about how to identify and manage the risk of potential liability as a director or non executive director arising out of climate change and human rights legislation? Do you know how to assess your liability to exposure ? Have you got a robust environmental and human rights due diligence framework in place? This interactive workshop will help address these key issues.
This training forms part of the Ardea International ‘leading business beyond compliance’ series. Our course goes beyond basic awareness raising. The course is based on the concept of ‘blended learning’. It is interactive with a workbook included. The course is run over 2 weeks, with 2 hours of learning each week participating in our online classroom setting.
Who is the course for?
- executive board members
- non-executive directors
- compliance officers
- general counsel
What does the course offer:
- Be brought rapidly up to speed on the key legal compliance and best practice requirements under climate change legislation and human rights legislation (UK with reference to global requirements)
- Understand how to approach governance requirements
- Identify business impact arising from climate change risk and human rights risk
- Explain director’s obligations with reference to the director’s duties
- Describe circumstances where there are breaches of a director’s duty in the context of climate change risk and human rights risk
- Understand what a ‘duty of care’ encompasses
- Explain why disclosure is critical
- Identify critical elements of environmental due diligence and human rights due diligence
Who will deliver the course?
The course is facilitated by Colleen Theron, CEO of Ardea International and a tri-qualified lawyer.
What will the course cost?
£495 plus Vat including materialsSign Up Now