- This event has passed.
Managing human rights and modern slavery risk arising from private security functions -what financial institutions need to know
8 Oct 2018 @ 14:30 - 20 Nov 2018 @ 22:00
This training forms part of the Ardea International’s ‘leading business beyond compliance’ series.
Who is the training for?
The interactive workshop is designed for the financial sector to provide insight into managing human rights risks arising from the use of private security providers. It will also be helpful to other organisations that contract for private security services and in particular:
- general legal counsel;
- human resource managers;
- procurement managers;
- sustainability and ethical managers; and
- compliance officers.
Objectives of the course:
The course will enable participants to:
- Understand the certification process and requirements for private security providers as reflected in ISO 18788 and PSC 1 and the International Code of Conduct Association;
- Identify the human rights risks that arise from the use of private security and how the Private Security Provider should be managing its own risks;
- Identify the legal compliance requirements of the Modern Slavery Act and other Disclosure legislation relating to human rights;
- Identify risk of modern slavery/key human rights arising from the operations of private security activities
- Understand how to monitor these risks;
- Understand how human rights risk assessment is aligned with ISO18788 (2015) and PSC1; and
- Understand how legal cases might arise from the actions of private security providers that reach human rights including the use of forced labour.