Masterclass Improving your modern slavery statement (NOW ONLINE)
5 May @ 09:30 - 13:00
This MasterClass is structured for BOTH those who are preparing their first Modern Slavery Act (MSA) Statement and those writing their second or third Statements.
In partnership with Global Governance research Fund
5 May 2020 @ 09:30 – 13:00
WHAT DOES IT COST?
£375.00 plus VAT. Includes FREE Evaluation provided your organisation registers by 9 April 2020.
REGISTER to receive a FREE* evaluation of your existing MSA Statement, PLUS advice and guidance on how to improve YOUR current/next statement
*Valued at GBP£350
The end of your company’s or organisation’s Financial Year is likely to be approaching.
The UK Modern Slavery Act 2015 (MSA) requires businesses operating in UK (with a turnover of £36 million or more) to publish an annual modern slavery statement within six months after the end of the organisation’s financial year.
To be compliant with the MSA, companies are required to show the steps they have taken to eradicate modern slavery and human trafficking and demonstrate improvements on their previous MSA Statement.
The Guidance to the Act requires that companies improve their statements every year and are able to demonstrate their improvements every year.
This MasterClass, together with the review and evaluation of your existing Modern Slavery statement, is aimed to help organisations identify how to improve and report the steps they are taking to combat the risk of modern slavery in their organisations and supply chains.
If a business fails to produce a slavery and human trafficking statement for a particular financial year, the Act provides the Secretary of State the power to seek an injunction through the High Court requiring the organisation to comply.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE?
- An interactive MasterClass held under Chatham House rules, delivered by Colleen Theron, an internationally recognised tri-qualified solicitor.
- An introduction to the legal requirements of the Modern Slavery Act; UK Guidance on Modern Slavery reporting; due diligence procedures
- A presentation of a Modern Slavery statement evaluation benchmarked against 47 compliance, conformance and best practice indicators
- An evaluation of your organisation’s existing Modern Slavery statement, and an opportunity to discuss the evaluation scorecard during the Masterclass
- Advice and guidance on how to improve your current/next MSA statement you are required to submit.
- Benchmarking of your existing statement against FTSE 100 companies.
- A follow up conversation to discuss the progress of your current/next MSA statement you are required to submit.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
- Individuals from companies and organisations who seek to improve their modern slavery statements, and those companies submitting a statement for the first time.
- Those responsible for tackling modern slavery, labour and supply chain issues within your company, including HR, procurement, and compliance professionals.Two participants from each company registering one person are welcome to attend.
WHAT ARE THE TAKEAWAYS FROM THE MASTERCLASS?
By the end of the MasterClass, participants will be able to:
- Identify what the legal requirements of the Modern Slavery Act are
- Describe the requirements of the UK Guidance on Modern Slavery reporting
- Understand what due diligence procedures should be met to address the risk of modern slavery
- Describe the requirements of the steps their organisation should take under the Act
- Implement the learnings from the MasterClass to improve your statement – this will be measurable year-on-year when you commission an evaluation of your statement.
WHO WILL DELIVER THE MASTERCLASS?
Colleen Theron, CEO of Ardea International will deliver the MasterClass. Colleen is a tri-qualified solicitor with more than 25 years’ legal and commercial experience of working with businesses and NGOs across sectors at both a strategic and operational level. She provides training to both directors and employees on human rights, modern slavery and sustainability issues. https://www.ardeainternational.com/about/meet-the-team/
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY ABOUT US
“In my role working for a social enterprise it is important that I understand the in’s and out’s of the legislation relating to the area we work in. Colleen’s MSA training course was informative and practical delivered in a manner that was easy to understand and enjoyable to take part in. Colleen’s approach is relaxed and welcoming which creates a great environment for sharing of ideas and collaboration. Thoroughly recommended.” Child Labour Free
Give us a call to discuss this MasterClass and your organisation’s human rights risks and exposure to the Modern Slavery Act’s reporting requirements on +44 (0) 1273 491423 or drop us a line to email@example.com
DETAILS OF VENUE