- This event has passed.
Private Security: Managing human rights and modern slavery risk and compliance
7 May @ 08:30 - 16:00
Identifying and managing modern slavery risk and compliance
This course forms part of the IEMA accredited workshops and is part of the Identifying and managing modern slavery risk and compliance programme. CPD points are available
The aim of the workshop is to familiarise compliance officers, security officers, auditors, general counsel, directors, procurement and other corporate officers, with the key Human Rights and Business considerations, including modern slavery risk related to the provision and employment of, security providers.
This workshop is an ideal introduction to Business and Human Rights and modern slavery risk considerations related to the provision and employment of private and public security, and will also serve to provide a useful update on these matters for private security organisations themselves.
Who is the training for?
The interactive workshop is designed for private security providers and for organisations that contract with private security services and PMS companies, in particular:
- general legal counsel;
- human resource managers;
- procurement managers;
- sustainability and ethical managers; and
- compliance officers.
Objectives of the course:
The course will enable participants to:
- Identify human rights requirements of ISOs 18788 and 28007, and the International Code of Conduct Association
- Be brought up to speed on the key legal compliance requirements of the Modern Slavery Act
- Understand business and human rights best practice with reference to the UNGPs
- Characterise salient human rights/modern slavery impacts in the organisation and its supply chain including recruitment practices
- Identify risk of modern slavery/key human rights and how to monitor it in relation to security providers
- Understand how human rights risk assessment is aligned with ISO18788 (2015), PSC1, and ISO 28007
- Consider how to communicate these issues in various roles
- Ascertain key requirements on codes of conduct.
We are offering an early bird discount for our upcoming Private Security Interactive Masterclass for bookings made in April 2019.
Please contact us if you want to attend the course and have specific disability requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org