Private Security: Managing human rights and modern slavery risk and compliance
9 May @ 08:30 - 16:00
This training forms part of the Ardea International’s ‘leading business beyond compliance’ series.
Who is the training for?
The interactive workshop is designed for private security providers and for organisations that contract for private security services and PMS companies and in particular:
- general legal counsel;
- human resource managers;
- procurement managers;
- sustainability and ethical managers;
- compliance officers.
Objectives of the course:
The course will enable participants to:
- Identify human rights requirements of ISOs 18788 and 28007, and the International Code of Conduct Association
- Be brought up to speed on the key legal compliance requirements of the Modern Slavery Act
- Understand business and human rights best practice with reference to the UNGPs.
- Characterize salient human rights/modern slavery impacts in the organisation and its supply chain including recruitment practices.
- Identify risk of modern slavery/key human rights and how to monitor it.
- Understand how human rights risk assessment is aligned with ISO18788 (2015), PSC1, and ISO 28007.
- Consider how to communicate these issues in various roles.
- IAscertain key requirements on codes of conduct.