Our unique Programme is IEMA approved course has been deigned to help managers across all job functions identify and manage modern slavery risk. Certificate with CPD points available
Date of the next intake: 10th September 2019 or
5 November 2019
Location: E-learning, anywhere. This course is designed to be undertaken in the comfort of your own home or office.
Time commitment: up to 6 weeks.Weekly commitment of 30 minutes for each module, 30 minutes preparation time and an hour classroom session. Additional reading material is provided which is optional.
How is the programme delivered?
The programme is delivered through a series of live , on line classroom training sessions, facilitated by Colleen Theron , as part of a small group of participants to maximise shared learning practices and who you will be able to network with over the course of 6 weeks.
What’s included in the programme?
The course consists of a blended learning programme.
- 6 online e-learning modules
- A shared learning online platform- 1 hour a week online delivery
- Individual support from Colleen Theron on a one to one basis
- Guidance notes and templates
- END slavery Workbook, checklists and templates
- A closed online hub for participants to share information and remain a part of beyond the 6 week programme
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify what modern slavery is
- Describe the legislative framework and how to identify modern slavery risks and impacts with reference to the company’s procedures
- Recognise the legal requirements of he Modern Slavery Act (section 54) that relate to their roles
- Explain how to investigate modern slavery issues in an organisation and supply chain
- Understand how to navigate the risk of modern slavery
- Understand how each role has a different role to play to monitor and implement the requirements of a programme to combat moderns slavery
- Explain the importance of feedback and complaints mechanisms as a means of verifying and tracking performance;
- Describe the risk of recruitment agencies and use a checklist to improve practice
- Identify actions that can be taken with reference to key roles such as procurement, HR and marketing.
Who is this course for?
- CEOs and company Directors
- Sustainability or ethical managers
- Supplier managers or buyers
- Procurement professionals
- In-house counsel
- First tier suppliers
Costs of the programme and discounts
The programme costs £1480 excluding VAT .
Costs for individuals and NGOs are £1184 excluding VAT. Please contact me for this discount.
Discounts for Sedex members. Contact me for the coupon
The price includes CPD certificate from IEMA and continued access to all the materials
We also provide access for free if our Ethics and Compliance support package is subscribed too.
Who has been on the course?
Participants from Shop Direct, Cawston Press, GLAA, Informa PLC, Tradelink, Forest Trends, Brighton&Hove Albion FC, South Western Railways
Testimonials from our participants:
Clear and easy to digest tutorials using animation and the comprehensive material provided
The videos were really engaging’
I think the best part of the course is getting people together to discuss the topic that has been done as it can be quite thought provoking which is where the change will happen.’
‘That it could be done using online video conferencing tools enabling course participants to exchange ideas and experiences’