Date of the next intake: 18 June 2019 runs until 4 August- 9holidays on 17th and 30th July- 17th) OR
10th September 2019
Location: E-learning, anywhere
Course fees: from £1100 (plus VAT) or support package of £5 000.00 for two users and bespoke masterclass training. Pricing includes IEMA CPD certificate
Time commitment: up to 6 weeks
Weekly commitment of 30 minutes for each module, 30 minutes preparation time and an hour classroom session. Additional reading material is provided which is optional.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify what modern slavery is
- Describe the legislative framework and how to identify modern slavery risks and impacts with reference to the company’s procedures
- Recognise the legal requirements of he Modern Slavery Act (section 54) that relate to their roles
- Explain how to investigate modern slavery issues in an organisation and supply chain
- Understand how to navigate the risk of modern slavery
- Understand how each role has a different role to play to monitor and implement the requirements of a programme to combat moderns slavery
- Explain the importance of feedback and complaints mechanisms as a means of verifying and tracking performance;
- Describe the risk of recruitment agencies and use a checklist to improve practice
- Identify actions that can be taken with reference to key roles such as procurement, HR and marketing.
Who is this course for?
- CEOs and company Directors
- Sustainability or ethical managers
- Supplier managers or buyers
- Procurement professionals
- In-house counsel
- First tier suppliers
What’s included in the course?
The course consists of a blended learning programme
- 6 online e-learning modules
- A shared learning online platform- 1 hour a week online delivery
- Individual support from Colleen Theron
- Guidance notes and templates
- END slavery toolkit and worksheets
- A closed hub for participants to share information
Who will deliver the course?
Colleen Theron, CEO of Ardea International will deliver the Masterclass. Colleen is a tri-qualified solicitor with more than 25 years’ legal and commercial experience of working with businesses and NGOs across sectors at both a strategic and operational level. She provides training to both directors and employees on human rights, modern slavery and sustainability issues.
What others say:
The course was very good, well presented and organised, which while not time consuming still required attention from those attending. It provides clear and easy to digest tutorials by using animation on the on-line training, the comprehensive materials provided.
I think the best part of the course is getting people together to discuss the topic that has been done as it can be quite thought provoking which is where the change will happen
The videos were really engaging and short enough to keep you engaged whilst giving you enough info. The documents are also good to build up a reference library. The case studies were also really helpful
Bespoke training or discounts on more than one user :
Contact us for bespoke pricing
Please contact us if you want to register for this course and have any specific disability requirements at email@example.com